The opening sequence of his "Fast & Furious" is an amazing adrenaline rush. Dom (Vin Diesel) and his girlfriend Letty (Michelle Rodriguez) highjack a cargo truck careening down a ravine in the Dominican Republic. Dom, unflinchingly guts out a crazy maneuver that saves himself and Letty from fiery death.
What works is the dynamic chemistry of Diesel and Walker. Diesel is not breaking new territory. He plays to his strength as the powerful dark hero, who follows a code of honor. Paul Walker is a pleasant surprise. He infuses a force and charisma in Brian O'Connor. Walker has become a stronger actor since "The Fast and the Furious". This time around he and Diesel are true screen partners. Theirs is a partnership of friction, brotherhood, and ultimately of respect which grounds "Fast and Furious". In one scene former girlfriend and Dom's younger sister Mia (beautiful and strong Jordana Brewster) asks why Brian (Walker) let Dom (Diesel) go 8 years ago. Brian tells Mia it's because Dom taught him: "Nothing matters unless you have a code." Brian also confesses that he is still trying to find his own code.
After Dom's stunt in the Dominican Republic, the authorities are closing in on him. To protect the love of his life, Letty (Rodriguez), he leaves her the money and disappears. However, while in exile Mia breaks the news to Dom that Letty has been murdered back home in Los Angeles. Meanwhile, FBI Agent O'Connor is hunting down the mysterious drug cartel kingpin Baraga, who is able to move large shipments of narcotics across the border with his elite drivers. Brian is also tracking down Dom, who he knows will come back to Los Angeles because of the personal tragedy.
Dom returns home just flying under the FBI radar. He has Mia show him where Letty was killed in a car crash. Dom discerns that Letty was brutally murdered, and that the murderer left a distinguishing signature. Mia pleads with Dom to let this go: this will not bring Letty back. Dom sullenly declared, "It's already too late." He intends to kill Letty's murderer and find the man ultimately responsible. All paths lead to the mysterious Baraga. So Dom and Brian's destinies collide as they compete as drivers for Baraga's right hand Campos (slick John Ortiz). That race too, is another spectacular mind blowing ride through the trafficked streets of Los Angeles.
* Vin Diesel as Dominic Toretto: An auto - machinery mechanic and elite street racer from the United States. Dom is wanted for committing numerous semi-truck hijackings. At the start of the film, he is living in the Dominican Republic and hijacks fuel trucks to earn money. Dom drives a Chevrolet Chevelle SS and later in the movie, his resurrected Dodge Charger which appeared in the first movie.
* Paul Walker as Brian O'Conner: A former police officer, auto mechanic and talented street racer. Brian is now an FBI agent hot on the trail of the Mexican drug lord Arturo Braga. Brian drives a Nissan Skyline GTR R34 and later drives a Subaru Impreza WRX STI throughout the movie.
* Michelle Rodriguez as Leticia "Letty" Ortiz: Dominic's girlfriend who lives with him in the Dominican Republic at the start of the film. Her murder at the hands of Braga's organization is what spurs Dominic on to seek revenge. She drives a 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
* Jordana Brewster as Mia Toretto: Dominic's younger sister and love interest of Brian. She reunites with both men when their paths cross over the Braga case. Mia drives a JDM converted Acura NSX.
* John Ortiz as Ramon Campos/Arturo Braga: Initially portrayed as a liaison for Braga's organization, he eventually reveals himself to be Braga himself. A powerful drug cartel leader who recruits street racers to move heroin across the US-Mexican border.
* Laz Alonso as Fenix Rise: An enforcer for Braga who is responsible for Letty's death. Fenix drives a Ford Gran Torino.
* Gal Gadot as Gisele Harabo: A liaison for Braga who eventually sides with Dominic after he saves her life and helps him and Brian locate the drug lord. Gisele drives a TechArt GTsport.
* Jack Conley as Penning
* Sung Kang as Han Lue: One of Dominic's crew in the Dominican Republic who appeared in this film's timeline sequel, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift. Han talks about moving to Tokyo when the heat comes down. He says to Dom, "Heard they're doing some crazy shit in Tokyo".
* Don Omar as Rico appears in the beginning and the end
* Tego Calderón as Tego also appears in the beginning and the end with Rico
* Brandon T. Jackson as Alex